Vegan Butter. Yes you read this well
I was skeptical when it came to vegan butter, I will admit. I’ve tried to get behind it but the truth is is that the flavor always leaves me disappointed and let down. Not only is it impossible to slather a slice of gluten free bread with a good butter substitute but baking with it only infuses it with a strange aftertaste at times, not to mention the ingredients kinda scare me. I, however, have never have stopped in my quest for a good vegan butter substitute and thank God that I haven’t because it made me experiment this recipe.
This vegan butter. I just, I…can food leave you speechless? Yes it truly can and did for me this week. What I love about this recipe:
- No weird aftertaste
- Super easy to make
- Spreads on toast like…well, butter!
- You can bake with this stuff
- Has all the great qualities of real butter: Creamy, salty (you can change this to your preference), and melt-in-your-mouth good…all without dairy.
You NEED this if you or a loved one are dairy and/or egg free, allergic to dairy and/or eggs, are vegan, or are human and love to make food at home. I could go on and on about how incredible the recipe is but let’s just get into to it!
- 375 ml melted refined coconut oil (not extra virgin coconut oil)
- 125 ml nondairy milk (unsweetened)
- 60 ml canola, grapeseed, or light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process at medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Pour into container of choice–something made of silicone is great, as it will pop out easily, but any storage container will do (line it with wax paper first for easy removal).
- Set it in the refrigerator for a few hours until hard or in the freezer to expedite hardening.
This glorious butter substitute will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks or many months in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 116
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Carbohydrates: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.1g
Look at that sexy vegan butter substitute melt! Toast is calling your name…